WHAT IS SYDNEY HEALTH COMMUNITY NETWORK
Vision - Healthy people, vibrant communities
The Sydney Health Community Network (SHCN) was established to ensure a strong and independent community perspective and to advocate for local health community issues.
Sydney Health Community Network will play an important role in monitoring the activities of the Central and Eastern Sydney PHN and ensuring that its programs meet the needs of the community.
Communications with members
- information evenings
- general meetings
SHCN Annual Report 2015
WHO CAN BE A SHCN MEMBER?
Membership of SHCN is open to community organisations who:
- advocate for better health for the Central and Eastern Sydney PHN region
- are incorporated
- have members from the community they serve
Membership of SHCN is free.
Benefits of SHCN membership
SHCN provides your organisation with the opportunity to be more actively involved in the decision making through:
- nominating for SHCN and CESPHN Board and Committee positions
- voting rights at the AGM and General Meetings
- providing input into local health care needs and working alongside GPs, other health care practitioners and other community organisations to develop and deliver programs to meet those needs.
- regular newsletters and bulletins
- Ordinary Member - an Ordinary Member of the Company is a community organisation who advocates for better health for the Central and Eastern Sydney Primary Health Network community, is incorporated, has members from the community it serves and is accepted by the Board as a Member of the Company.
- Associate Member - an Associate Member of the Company is a health community organisation, which represents the interests of actual or potential recipients of health care activities and their carers bt not within the Region; or any company, association or individual whom the Directors in their discretion consider suitable for associate membership of the Company.
- Associate Member Individual - Any individual with an interest in health care for the PHN region can apply to be an Associate Member.
To join SHCN complete the online application form at the following website (CESPHN):
SHCN Membership Application
The SHCN Board consists of up to six directors elected by Ordinary Members of SHCN and up to four persons appointed by the elected directors.
The current Board Directors are:
- Julie Millard (Chair)
- Robyn Maurice
- Rosemary Bishop
- Margaret McInroy
- Adrian Prakash
- Stephen Tait