WHAT IS SYDNEY HEALTH COMMUNITY NETWORK
Vision - Healthy people, vibrant communities
The Sydney Health Community Network (SHCN) is one of the seven member organisations of Central and Eastern Sydney PHN (CESPHN).
The Sydney Health Community Network was established to ensure a strong and independent community perspective and to advocate for local health community issues.
Sydney Health Community Network will play an important role in monitoring the activities of the Central and Eastern Sydney PHN and ensuring that its programs meet the needs of the community.
Communications with members
WHO CAN BE A SHCN MEMBER?
Membership of SHCN is open to community organisations who:
- advocate for better health for the Central and Eastern Sydney PHN region
- are incorporated
- have members from the community they serve
Membership of SHCN is free.
Benefits of SHCN membership
SHCN provides your organisation with the opportunity to be more actively involved in the decision making through:
- nominating for SHCN and CESPHN Board and Committee positions
- voting rights at the AGM and General Meetings
- providing input into local health care needs and working alongside GPs, other health care practitioners and other community organisations to develop and deliver programs to meet those needs.
- regular newsletters and bulletins
- Ordinary Member - an Ordinary Member of the Company is a community organisation who advocates for better health for the Central and Eastern Sydney Primary Health Network community, is incorporated, has members from the community it serves and is accepted by the Board as a Member of the Company.
- Associate Member - an Associate Member of the Company is a health community organisation, which represents the interests of actual or potential recipients of health care activities and their carers but not within the Region; or any company, association or individual whom the Directors in their discretion consider suitable for associate membership of the Company.
- Associate Member Individual - Any individual with an interest in health care for the PHN region can apply to be an Associate Member.
To join SHCN complete the online application form or download and complete an application form
To join SHCN complete the online application form
The SHCN Board consists of up to six directors elected by Ordinary Members of SHCN and up to four persons appointed by the elected directors.
The current Board Directors are:
Rosemary Bishop (Chair)
M.B.A., G.A.I.C.D., B.A. (Hons.) Dip. Ed
BA, Dip Urban Studies
BA (Psych) USyd, CertIV Business (Governance), Postgrad Cert Mgt of NFPs ACU, JP
Bachelor Community Social Development & Mediation
CMHN, BN (Uni Syd), OV, JP
B. Soc. Sc Grad Dip Law
- Sydney Health Community Network acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land that we work on. And strongly support practices that provide culturally appropriate services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Sydney Health Community Network
Tower A, Level 5
201 Coward Street
, NSW 2030
Phone: 1300 986 991
Fax: 1300 110 917